It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita® 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
The XFD10SY is powered by a Makita-built 4-pole motor that delivers 480 inch-pounds of Max Torque, with an all-metal two-speed transmission (0-600/0-1,900 RPM). It has a compact and ergonomic design with less weight and superior balance for reduced operator fatigue, and a rubberized soft grip for increased comfort on the job. The built-in L.E.D. light illuminates the job area for applications in dark spaces and close quarters. With Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™), the drill is engineered for improved water and dust resistance for operation in harsh job site conditions.
Full Product Description
- Makita-built 4-pole motor delivers 480 in.lbs. of Max Torque
- Mechanical 2-speed transmission (0-600 & 0-1,900 RPM) for a wide range of drilling and driving applications
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- Dual L.E.D. lights with afterglow illuminate the work area
- Ergonomically designed handle with rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort
- Weighs only 3.3 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 7-1/4" long
- All metal gear construction for increased durability
- Ratcheting chuck engineered to prevent bit slippage and improves bit retention
- 18V Compact Lithium-Ion 1.5Ah battery BL1815N is compatible with 18V LXT® Tools
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
Battery : 18V LXT® Compact Lithium-Ion
Voltage : 18V
Power Type : Cordless
No Load Speed (var. 2 spd) : 0 - 600 / 0 - 1,900 RPM
Maximum Torque (in.lbs./N•m) : 480 in.lbs./54N•m
Capacity (steel) : 1/2"
Capacity (wood) : 1-1/2"
Overall Length : 7-1/4"
Net Weight (with battery) : 3.3 lbs.
Shipping Weight : 7.72 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381-892490
Parts & Accessories
(1) 18V LXT® Cordless 1/2" Driver-Drill (XFD10Z)
(1) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Charger (DC18SD)
(2) 18V Compact Lithium-Ion Battery
(1) Tool Bag
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.