The Makita 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless ¼” Compact Die Grinder (model XDG02Z, tool only) delivers speed and portability in a compact size. It is engineered for a range of metalworking surface-prep applications including grinding, smoothing and cutting.
The XDG02Z features a Makita-built motor that delivers 26,000 RPM for faster grinding. The compact design with barrel grip weighs only 3.8 lbs. (with battery), with a short-neck design (only 12-1/8”L with battery) that makes it ideal for working in tight spaces.
The slide switch has a lock-on for operator convenience, with vent slots designed to direct exhaust air away from the user. The XDG02Z also features a solid aluminum housing for added durability.
The XDG02Z includes a built-in L.E.D. light that provides overload motor protection warning due to over-torque. In addition, the L.E.D. light flashes red when it is time to recharge the battery. The XDG02Z delivers speed and portability in a compact size, and is ideal for a range of metalworking surface-prep applications.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating.
For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
Full Product Description
- Makita-built 4-pole motor delivers 26,000 revolutions per minute for faster grinding
- Short neck design is only 12-1/8" long with battery (not included) for increased maneuverability
- Compact barrel grip design with rubberized soft grip allows for easy grinding in various orientations
- Vent slots designed to direct exhaust air away from the user
- Slide switch with lock-on capability for continuous operation
- Built-in alert light provides overload motor protection warning and low battery recharge warning for operator convenience
- Anti-restart protection designed to prevent motor start up when battery is inserted with switch locked on
- Round-shaped collet nut reduces the possibility of damage to work surface
- Externally accessible brushes for easy serviceability
- Solid aluminum housing for added durability
- Weighs only 3.8 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Battery and charger sold separately
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
Max. Wheel Diameter : 1-1/2"
Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Collet : 1/4"
No Load Speed : 26,000 RPM
Lock-On Switch : Yes
Lock-Off Switch : No
Overall Length : 12-1/8"
Net Weight (with battery) : 3.8 lbs.
Power Type : Cordless
Shipping Weight : 3.31 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381-843539
Parts & Accessories
(1) 1/4" Collet (763673-7)
(1) Collet Nut (763668-0)
(1) Spanner Wrench (781039-9)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.