For straighter, more accurate cutting in vertical and overhead applications, Makita has a solution with the 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless Cut-Out Saw (model XDS01Z, tool only).
It’s designed to cut openings in installed board, including drywall and plywood, and will cut up to 984 feet of ½” drywall on a single charge using a 4.0Ah battery (sold separately). To help prevent damage to objects behind the board being cut, it has a short ¼” stroke length with an adjustable blade depth up to 1-3/16" (9/16" in wood).
For improved dust extraction, the XDS01Z has a dust port with a clear dust box for increased visibility. It is ideal for cut-outs and drywall repair applications. It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery.
Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating.
For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
Full Product Description
- Makita-built variable speed motor delivers 0-6,000 strokes per minute for faster and more efficient cutting
- Designed to cut openings in installed board with an adjustable blade depth up to 1-3/16" (9/16" in wood)
- Cuts up to 984 feet of 1/2" drywall on a single charge using 4.0Ah battery BL1840B (battery not included)*
- Short 1/4" stroke length with adjustable blade depth helps prevent damage to objects behind the board being cut
- Clear dust box for dust containment with increased visibility for operator convenience
- Built-in dust port swivels for increased maneuverability when connected to vacuum hose
- Dual L.E.D. lights with afterglow illuminate the work area
- Non-marring plastic base cover protects drywall surface from potential damage caused by the metal base
- Variable speed trigger enables user to match the speed to the application for greater versatility
- Rubberized soft grip handle for increased operator comfort
- 3-stage L.E.D. gauge indicates battery charge level
- Weighs only 4.2 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Blade cover with on-board storage protects blade and material surface from damage when saw is not in use
- Blade wrench attaches to the saw for fast and convenient blade changes
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- Battery and charger sold separately
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- *Hardness of drywall may effect run time performance
Max. Cutting Capacity (drywall) : 1-3/16"
Max. Cutting Capacity (wood) : 9/16"
Strokes Per Minute (variable speed) : 0 - 6,000 SPM
Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Overall Length : 9-1/8"
Length of Stroke : 1/4"
Net Weight (with battery) : 4.2 lbs.
Power Type : Cordless
Shipping Weight : 3.8 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381-826877
Parts & Accessories
(1) Cut-Out Saw Blade, Drywall (B-49703-1)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.