There is growing demand for cordless alternatives to gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding line of cordless OPE, including the 18V X2 (36V) LXT ® Cordless 16" Top Handle Chain Saw Kit (model XCU09PT).
With zero emissions, lower noise, and considerably less maintenance than gas-powered chain saws, the XCU09PT is a welcome solution for cutting and trimming applications. The compact top-handle design makes it ideal for the professional tree care industry.
Powered by two 18V LXT ® batteries for maximum power, speed and run-time, the XCU09PT is easy to start by simply loading the 18V LXT ® Lithium-Ion Batteries and powering on. The XCU09PT has a variable speed trigger and high chain speed (0-3,940 FPM) for increased cutting speed, with torque boost mode for cutting dense material.
It has zero emissions and reduced maintenance: there's no engine oil to change, no spark plug to replace, no air filter or muffler to clean, and there's no need to drain the fuel for storage. With the Makita ® Outer Rotor Brushless Motor with direct-drive system, users get high power efficiency.
Other convenience features include adjustable automatic chain lubrication, built-on lock-off lever to help prevent the chain from accidentally engaging, an electric brake for maximum productivity, and more.
It's part of Makita's expanding 18V LXT System, the world's largest cordless tool system powered by 18V lithium-ion slide-style batteries. Makita ® 18V Lithium-Ion Batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating.
For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT ® and Compact Lithium-Ion Batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
Full Product Description
- Makita-built Outer Rotor BL™ Brushless Motor direct-drive system provides power equivalent to a 30cc gas chain saw
- Variable speed trigger and high chain speed (0-3,940 FPM) for improved cutting performance
- Torque boost mode powers through thick or hard branches
- Two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries deliver 36V power and performance without leaving the 18V LXT® platform
- Includes 16" sprocket nose guide bar and 3/8 pitch, .043" gauge chain
- Captured bar nut and lateral chain tensioning for convenient operation and maintenance
- Adjustable automatic chain lubrication with large oil reservoir
- Large oil filling port with view window allows operator to easily add and check bar oil level
- Built-in L.E.D. on/off switch with auto power-off function; automatically shuts the saw off after 60 seconds for extended battery life
- Built-in lock-off lever helps prevent the chain from accidentally engaging
- Low noise level and zero emissions for operator comfort
- Rubberized soft grip top handle is engineered for the user to more easily apply even cutting pressure
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
Guide Bar Length : 16"
Pitch : 3/8" LP
Gauge : .043"
Chain Speed : 3,940 FPM
Net Weight (with battery) : 10.3 lbs.
Net Weight (without battery) : 7.5 lbs.
Battery : 2X 18V LXTÂ® Lithium-Ion
Power Type : Cordless
Shipping Weight : 19.03 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381-884631
Parts & Accessories
(1) 18V X2 (36V) LXTÂ® Brushless 16"" Top Handle Chain Saw (XCU09Z)
(2) 18V LXTÂ® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Battery (BL1850B)
(1) 18V LXTÂ® Lithium-Ion Dual Port Charger (DC18RD)
(1) 16"" Guide Bar, 3/8" LP, .043" (E-00094)
(1) 16"" Saw Chain, 3/8" LP, .043" (E-00240)
(1) 16"" Chain Cover
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.