Makita’s ¼” SJS™ Die Grinder (model GD0800C) combines a powerful 6.6 AMP motor with motor and gear protection features for longer-lasting grinding performance. The GD0800C features a slide switch for increased convenience.
The GD0800C is equipped with SJS™ , an innovative mechanical system that allows the drive shaft to slip if the wheel suddenly catches or binds. SJS™ is engineered to help protect the gears and motor, and extend grinder life.
The GD0800C is powered by a 6.6 AMP motor that delivers 7,000 – 28,000 RPM with soft start for smooth start-ups. The electronic speed control maintains constant speed under load, and a variable speed control dial allows the user to match the speed to the application.
Consistent with other models in Makita’s expanding grinder line-up, the GD0800C features labyrinth construction, a series of channels engineered to capture dust and debris and prevent contaminants from penetrating the gear box and front armature bearing for longer tool life. In addition, the protective zig-zag varnish seals the motor and bearings from dust and debris by creating a barrier under rotation.
Full Product Description
- Powerful 6.6 AMP motor delivers 7,000-28,000 RPM for faster material removal
- SJS™ technology is a mechanical clutch system that helps prevent motor and gear damage by allowing the drive shaft to slip if the wheel is forced to stop
- Variable speed control dial enables user to match the speed to the application
- Constant speed control automatically applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Electronic current limiter helps protect the motor from overload
- Directional air-flow vents channel the tool's air output away from the user's face
- Labyrinth construction prevents debris from penetrating the motor, bearings and gears for longer tool life
- Zig-zag varnish protects the armature coil from dust and debris for longer motor life
- Overall length: 14-5/8"
Max. Wheel Diameter : 1"
AMPS : 6.6
Collet : 1/4"
No Load Speed (variable speed) : 7,000 - 28,000 RPM
Lock-On Switch : Yes
Lock-Off Switch : No
Overall Length : 14-5/8"
Net Weight : 3.7 lbs.
Variable speed dial : Yes
Power Type : Corded
Shipping Weight : 5.6 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381-034579
Parts & Accessories
(1) 1/4" Collet (192986-3)
(1) Spanner Wrench (781203-2)
(1) Side Handle (192985-5)
(1) Wrench #19 (781206-6)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.