Makita’s 12-Inch Metal Cutting Saw (model LC1230) delivers power and ease-of-use features for a range of industrial metal-cutting applications.
It is ideal for cutting in pipe, angle iron, conduit, and more.
15 AMP Motor Delivers 1,700 RPM
The LC1230 is powered by a Makita-built 15 amp motor that delivers 1,700 rpm for improved performance.
The quick release "tool-less" guide plate adjusts from 0 degrees to 45 degrees for quick and easy miter cutting.
Cutting capacities range from 4-1/2 inches at 90 degrees to 3-1/2 inches at 45 degrees.
Ease of Use Features for Improved Performance
Ease of use features include a quick release vise for secure material retention and fast repeated cut-offs, a socket wrench that stores on the base for convenient blade changes, and a shavings collection tray for easy waste disposal and a cleaner work environment.
The LC1230 has a D-shaped handle with a 2-finger trigger and a lock-off button engineered to prevent accidental start-ups.
The saw includes a carbide-tipped blade that lasts 50X longer than abrasive wheels and is engineered to cut clean, accurate and virtually burr-free.
Full Product Description
- Carbide-tipped blade lasts 50x longer than abrasive wheels; cuts clean, accurate and virtually burr-free
- Quick release vise for secure material retention and fast, repeated cut-offs
- Lock-off button for user convenience
- Quick release support fence adjusts 0-45° for miter cutting
- Shaft lock for easy blade changes with just one wrench
- Powerful 15.0 AMP motor for the most demanding applications
- 4x faster cutting in light pipe, angle iron, tubing, conduit and channel than abrasive cut-off saws
- D-shape handle for user comfort
- Socket wrench stores on base for convenient blade changes
- Shavings collection tray for easy waste disposal and a cleaner work environment
- Large cast aluminum base for stability
- Externally accessible brushes for greater serviceability
- Maximum cutting depth of 4-1/2" with carbide tipped blade
AMPS : 15
Blade Diameter : 12"
No Load Speed : 1,700 RPM
Max. Cutting Capacity (at 90°) : 4-1/2"
Max. Cutting Capacity (at 45°) : 3-1/2"
Arbor : 1"
No Tool Blade Change : No
Overall Length : 20-1/4"
Net Weight : 42.5 lbs.
Max. Cutting Capacity at 90° (aluminum) : 4-1/2"
Max. Cutting Capacity at 90° (mild steel) : 4-1/2"
Power Type : Corded
Power Tool Product Type : Corded
Shipping Weight : 50.1 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381-029797
Parts & Accessories
(1) 12" (60T) Carbide-Tipped Metal Cutting Blade Metal (A-90532)
(1) Socket Wrench (782210-8)
(1) Safety Goggles (191686-2)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.