Makita has delivered a cordless cutting solution for steel rod cutting with the 12V max CXT® Brushless Cordless Threaded Rod Cutter (CS01Z, tool only).
It can make up to 700 cuts of 3/8” coarse thread threaded rod and 550 cuts of 3/8” coarse thread stainless steel threaded rod with a 4.0Ah battery (sold separately).
The compact design makes the CS01Z ideal for overhead cutting of installed threaded rod. The CS01Z makes spark-free cuts that are clean and burr-free, allowing easy hand-threading of fastener or nut.
An automatic blade-stop mechanism returns the blade to the open position once a cut is complete.
Other features include an L.E.D. light to illuminate the work area, reversible double-edged cutting dies that extend the life of the blade, a guide to stabilize the material for precise cuts, and a retractable hook to keep the tool nearby.
For longer run time, 12V max CXT cordless tools are also compatible with the 12V max CXT Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah battery (BL1041B, sold separately). 12V max CXT Lithium-Ion Batteries are engineered with a Battery Protection Circuit that protects against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating.
It’s part of the expanding 12V max CXT series, combining performance with superior ergonomics in a compact size.
Full Product Description
- Provides spark-free cuts that are clean and burr-free for easy hand-threading of fastener or nut
- Up to 700 cuts of 3/8” mild steel and 550 cuts of 3/8” stainless steel threaded rod with one 12V max CXT® 4.0Ah battery (battery not included)
- Ideal for overhead cutting of installed threaded rod including 1/4" and 3/8" coarse thread diameter sizes
- Ergonomically designed handle provides a more comfortable hand position for increased comfort and less fatigue
- Compact design at only 7-1/8" long and weighs only 6.2 lbs. with battery (battery not included)
- Automatic blade stop mechanism returns blade to open position once cut is complete to continue operation
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Integrated two-position threaded rod guide helps stabilize material for precise cuts
- L.E.D. light with afterglow illuminate the work area for increased visibility
- Retractable hook allows tool to remain close by, but not in the way
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Equipped with shoulder strap hook for maximum portability
- Includes reversible double-edged cutting dies for twice the life of the blade
- On-board hex wrench storage for fast and convenient blade changes
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
Battery : 12V max CXT® Lithium-Ion
Blade Configuration : Double sided
Max. Cutting Capacity : 3/8"
Min. Cutting Capacity : 1/4"
Overall Length : 7-1/8"
Net Weight (with battery) : 6.2 lbs.
Shipping Weight : 6.9 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381-892551
Parts & Accessories
(1) 3/8" Cutter Blade Set (199081-0)
(1) 1/4" Cutter Blade Set (199444-0)
(1) Depth Gauge
(1) Blade Cover
(1) Hex Wrench
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.