Makita is the leader in brushless motor technology, and the 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 5-7/8” Metal Cutting Saw (model XSC02Z, tool only) delivers faster metal cutting through Unistrut®, all thread, channel, corrugated, conduit, pipe, sheet metal, square tubing, steel and more. With a full 2-1/4" cutting capacity, it is ideal for electrical contractors since it will cut 2” conduit in one pass – a huge time saver. It is also ideal for HVAC, installation, metal building, metal fabrication, plumbing, metal roofing, and for any pro-contractor who requires a best-in-class cordless metal cutting saw.
Makita offers four optimum 5-7/8" blade options for use with the XSC02Z: 32T carbide tipped for metal and general purpose; 52T for thin metal; 52T for aluminum; and 60T for stainless steel (all sold separately).
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
Full Product Description
- Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjusts cutting speed and torque during cut for optimum performance
- Large cutting capacity (2-1/4” at 90°) allows for 2" conduit to be cut in a single pass
- BL™ Motor delivers 3,900 RPM for faster cutting
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Efficient BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Cuts a wide range of metals including Unistrut®, all thread, channel, conduit, pipe, sheet metal, square tubing, steel and more
- Can be used with Makita 5-3/8" metal cutting blades
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 13-1/8" long
- Weighs only 6.4 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Soft grip handles provide increased comfort on the job
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Dual L.E.D. lights illuminates the work area
- Stainless steel base reduces chip build-up to prevent surface damage
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- Battery and charger sold separately
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
Blade Diameter : 5-7/8"
Arbor : 5/8"
Max. Cutting Depth : 2-1/4"
No Load Speed : 3,900 RPM
Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Overall Length : 13-1/8"
Net Weight (with battery) : 6.4 lbs.
Power Type : Cordless
Shipping Weight : 7.9 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381-697118
Parts & Accessories
(1) 5-7/8" 32T C.T. Saw Blade (A-96095)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.