Landscapers are demanding more cordless alternatives to gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding system of cordless OPE, including the 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Brushless Curved Shaft String Trimmer (model XRU13Z, tool only, batteries and charger sold separately). With zero emissions, lower noise, and considerably less maintenance, this cordless string trimmer is a welcome solution for landscapers. It’s compatible with Makita’s fast-charging 18V LXT® batteries, and features an efficient Makita BL™ brushless motor for longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life.
The efficient brushless motor delivers up to 6,000 RPM for faster cutting. The XRU13Z is equipped with Automatic Torque Drive Technology mode which automatically shifts from 4,000-6,000 RPM adjusting the speed and torque depending on density of application. There are also three speed options in manual mode (4,000/5,000/6,000 RPM), allowing users to match the speed to the application. Users will get up to 38 minutes of run time on high setting and 103 minutes on low setting under load using an 18V LXT 5.0Ah battery (sold separately). Additional features include a full 11-3/4” cutting swath, an easy-loading bump-and-feed trimmer head, and reverse rotation that allows users to quickly clear the head of entangled grass and weeds. The trimmer accepts industry standard M8x1.25 LH spindles. The XRU13Z also features a telescoping curved shaft that adjusts from 59-1/2” to 63-1/2” in length for convenient operation in tight spaces.
The XRU13Z features Makita Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™). XPT™ is a protective seal inside the tool, and is engineered for improved operation in harsh conditions by channeling water and dust from key internal components.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
Full Product Description
- Telescoping curved shaft adjusts (59-3/4" - 63-3/4" length) for convenient operation in tight places
- Automatic Torque Drive Technology mode automatically shifts from 4,000-6,000 RPM for extended run time or added power
- 3 speed options (Low: 4,000 RPM, Medium: 5,000 RPM, High: 6,000 RPM) for power management
- Reverse rotation system allows operator to quickly clear trimmer head of entangled grass and weeds
- Easy-loading bump and feed trimmer head for increased user convenience
- Bump and feed trimmer head rotates clockwise to help direct grass clippings away from operator
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Battery and charger sold separately
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
Cutting Swath : 11-3/4"
No Load Speed (3 spd) : 4,000/5,000/6,000 RPM
Arbor Shaft : M8 x 1.25 RH
Overall Length : 63-3/4"
Net Weight (with battery) : 7.3 lbs.
Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Power Type : Cordless
Shipping Weight : 10.12 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381-858120
Parts & Accessories
(1) Shoulder Strap (125516-5)
(1) Trimmer Head
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.