Makita, a pioneer in brushless motor technology and battery innovation, combines both in the 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Brushless Recipro Saw Kit. It has an electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless motor that matches torque and RPM to the application, and is powered by the industry’s fastest charging 18V lithium-ion batteries. With Makita, users can remain in one battery platform, using the same fast-charging 18V batteries on the XRJ05T as they use across the Makita 18V LXT® cordless tool line-up.
The XRJ05T is equipped with efficiency features for faster cutting. The long 1-1/4” stroke length increases cutting efficiency, and the refined crank mechanism design minimizes blade deflection and reduces vibration. Convenience features include an L.E.D. light to illuminate the line of cut, a retractable tool hook, and “tool-less” blade change for faster blade installation and removal.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside
Full Product Description
- Makita-built variable 2-speed brushless motor delivers 0-2,300 (Low) & 0-3,000 (High) strokes per minute
- Long 1-1/4" stroke length provides increased cutting efficiency
- Built-in L.E.D. light with preglow and afterglow illuminates the work area
- Refined crank mechanism design minimizes blade deflection and reduces vibration
- Retractable tool hook secures the tool when not in use
- "Tool-less" blade change system allows for faster blade installation and removal for increased productivity
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 17-1/4" long
- Weighs only 8.2 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Large two-finger variable speed trigger for operator convenience
- Reinforced fixed shoe for added durability
- Efficient BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- The electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B, features an integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B provides up to 65% more run time per charge*
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B reaches a full charge in 45 minutes or less
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- *compared to BL1830
Length of Stroke : 1-1/4"
Max. Cutting Capacity (wood w/ 12" blade) : 10"
Max. Cutting Capacity (pipe) : 5-1/8"
Strokes Per Minute (var. 2 spd.) : 0 - 2,300 / 0 - 3,000 SPM
Overall Length : 17-1/4"
Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Net Weight (with battery) : 8.2 lbs.
Variable speed dial : No
Built-in clutch : No
Orbital settings : No
Power Type : Cordless
Shipping Weight : 19.01 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381-841832
Parts & Accessories
(1) 18V LXT® Brushless Recipro Saw (XRJ05Z)
(2) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Battery (BL1850B)
(1) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Rapid Optimum Charger (DC18RC)
(1) Recipro Saw Blade
(1) Tool Case
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.