It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
Full Product Description
- Provides spark-free cuts that are clean and burr-free for easy hand-threading of fastener or nut
- Up to 1,300 cuts of 3/8” mild steel threaded rod and 1,200 cuts of 3/8” stainless steel threaded rod with one 18V LXT 5.0Ah battery (battery not included)
- Ideal for overhead cutting of installed threaded rod including 1/4" and 3/8" coarse thread diameter sizes
- Ergonomically designed handle provides a more comfortable hand position for increased comfort and less fatigue
- Compact design at only 7-7/8" long and weighs only 7 lbs. with battery (battery not included)
- Automatic blade stop mechanism returns blade to open position once cut is complete to continue operation
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Integrated two-position threaded rod guide helps stabilize material for precise cuts
- L.E.D. light with afterglow illuminate the work area for increased visibility
- Retractable hook allows tool to remain close by, but not in the way
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Equipped with shoulder strap hook for maximum portability
- Includes reversible double-edged cutting dies for twice the life of the blade
- On-board hex wrench storage for fast and convenient blade changes
- The electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
Blade Configuration : Double sided
Max. Cutting Capacity : 3/8"
Min. Cutting Capacity : 1/4"
Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Overall Length : 7-7/8"
Net Weight (with battery) : 7 lbs.
Power Type : Cordless
Shipping Weight : 7.06 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381-880770
Parts & Accessories
(1) 3/8" Cutter Blade Set (199081-0)
(1) 1/4" Cutter Blade Set (199444-0)
(1) Depth Gauge
(1) Blade Cover
(1) Hex Wrench
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.