Corded power meets cordless convenience with the 18V LXT Brushless Compact Router Kit, model XTR01. The 18V LXT Router has an efficient Makita BL™ Brushless Motor for up to 50% longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. The kit includes an efficient 18V LXT® 5.0Ah battery, which reaches a full charge in only 45 minutes – the fastest charge-time in the category – for less downtime and increased productivity.
The XTR01 Router is engineered for a full range of cabinetry and woodworking applications. It has a variable speed control dial (10,000 – 30,000) RPM) to match the speed to the application, with electronic speed control to maintain constant speed under load and soft start feature for smoother start-ups and better accuracy. Convenience features include the smooth rack-and-pinion fine depth adjustment system for more precise settings, dual L.E.D. lights to illuminate the work surface, and a quick release cam lock system for convenient depth adjustments and base removal/installation. The kit includes a fixed base, straight guide, rapid charger, one battery, case, and foam insert for case, and additional bases and attachments are available (sold separately). For users of corded Makita Compact Routers (models RT0700C, RT0701C), the bases used with these corded routers are fully compatible with the XTR01. In addition, the Router easily connects to Makita vacuum cleaners with the optional dust nozzle for improved dust extraction.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside
Full Product Description
- Starter Kit includes fixed base, straight guide, rapid charger, one battery and case
- LXT® technology delivers 380 feet of cutting performance in red oak using a 1/4" (6mm) straight bit at a 5/32" (4mm) depth with a 5.0Ah battery
- Makita-built brushless motor delivers faster and more accurate cuts in a variety of materials
- The electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Variable speed control dial (10,000 - 30,000 RPM) to match the speed to the application
- Electronic speed control maintains constant speed under load
- On/Off button with separate lock button helps prevent accidental start-up of the tool
- Soft start feature for smoother start-ups and better accuracy
- Smooth rack-and-pinion fine depth adjustment system for more precise settings
- Slim and ergonomically designed body with rubberized grip for increased comfort
- Aluminum housing and base for increased durability and accuracy
- Dual L.E.D. lights illuminate the work area
- Quick release cam lock system for convenient depth adjustments and base removal/installation
- High visibility base design for improved handling and performance
- Accepts industry standard template guides
- Base can be removed quickly to install other bases
- Additional bases and attachments are sold separately
- Non-marring high-durability base insert for increased work piece protection
- Shaft lock for quick and easy bit changes
- Easy-to-read depth scales
- Uses 1/4" shank routers bits
- Compact and ergonomic design at 8-7/8" tall; weighs only 4.6 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- Connects to Makita vacuum cleaners with optional dust nozzle for a cleaner work environment
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger and Dual Port Rapid Optimum Chargers communicate with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- Rapid Optimum Charger and Dual Port Rapid Optimum Chargers have a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
Collet : 1/4"
No Load Speed (variable speed) : 10,000 - 30,000 RPM
Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Overall Length : 5-1/4"
Net Weight (with battery) : 4.6 lbs.
Base : Fixed
Power Type : Cordless
Plunge Capacity : 1-9/16"
Shipping Weight : 15.28 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381-857062
Parts & Accessories
(1) 18V LXT® Compact Brushless Router (XTR01Z)
(1) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Battery (BL1850B)
(1) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Rapid Optimum Charger (DC18RC)
(1) Trimmer Base (196613-4)
(1) Straight Guide (122965-7)
(1) Spanner Wrench (781011-1)
(1) Spanner Wrench (781039-9)
(1) 1/4" Collet (763637-1)
(1) Interlocking Case, X-Large (197213-3)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.