The XSJ02Z features a high performance double blade design that minimizes material distortion and produces clean cuts with minimal burrs. It will cut up to 16 gauge mild steel, 18 gauge stainless steel and 12 gauge aluminum. For increased application versatility it has a radius cutting capability of 9-7/8” diameter. Convenience features include a barrel grip design, rubberized soft grip handle, and a slide switch with lock-on capability for continuous operation.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
Full Product Description
- Cuts up to 16 ga. mild steel, 18 ga. stainless steel and easily cuts through 22 ga. spiral duct seams
- Makita-built 4-pole motor delivers 4,300 strokes per minute for faster cutting
- Compact barrel grip design with rubberized soft grip enables one-handed operation in various orientations
- High performance double blade design minimizes material distortion and produces clean cuts with minimal burrs
- Radius cutting capability allows for easy turns and circular cutting applications
- Anti-restart protection is designed to prevent motor start up when battery is inserted with switch locked on
- Built-in alert light provides overload motor protection warning and low battery recharge warning for operator convenience
- Slide switch with lock-on capability for continuous operation
- Solid aluminum housing for added durability
- Externally accessible brushes for easy serviceability
- On-board wrench storage for quick and easy blade adjustment or replacement
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging, over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time, so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Capacity (mild steel, ga.) : 16 ga.
Capacity (stainless, ga.) : 18 ga.
Capacity (aluminum, ga.) : 13 ga.
Strokes Per Minute : 4,300 SPM
360° Rotating Head : No
Lock-On Switch : Yes
Overall Length : 14-1/4"
Net Weight : 4.4 lbs.
Power Type : Cordless
Shipping Weight : 3.97 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381-844222
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.