It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
Full Product Description
- Makita-built 4-pole motor delivers 3,000 strokes per minute for faster cutting
- Cuts up to 18 gauge mild steel and 20 gauge stainless steel
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 13-3/4" long
- Weighs only 5.3 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- Reversible belt clip attaches to either side of the tool
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Swivel shear head rotates 360° for increased cutting options and added convenience
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B, features an integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B provides up to 65% more run time per charge*
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B reaches a full charge in 45 minutes or less
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging, over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip during the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time, so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- *compared to BL1830
Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Capacity (mild steel, ga.) : 18 ga.
Capacity (stainless, ga.) : 20 ga.
Strokes Per Minute : 3,000 SPM
360° Rotating Head : Yes
Minimum Cutting Radius : 7"
Lock-On Switch : No
Overall Length : 13-3/4"
Net Weight (with battery) : 5.3 lbs.
Power Type : Cordless
Shipping Weight : 13.6 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381-834247
Parts & Accessories
(1) 18V LXT® 18 Gauge Straight Shear (XSJ01Z)
(2) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Battery (BL1850B)
(1) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Rapid Optimum Charger (DC18RC)
(1) Tool Bag
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.