It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
Full Product Description
- Makita-built variable speed motor delivers 0-1,200 RPM and 0-4,000 BPM
- 3-mode operation for "Rotation Only", "Hammering with Rotation" or "Hammering Only" for multiple applications
- Torque limiting clutch engineered to prevent gear damage by automatically disengaging gears if the bit binds
- Faster drilling with synchronized RPM and BPM
- Job site tested shock absorbent handle protects the battery housing for extra durability
- One-touch sliding chuck for quick bit changes
- Chisel rotates 360° with 40 different positions
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 16-3/8" long
- Weighs only 7.7 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- Large 2-finger variable speed trigger for added convenience
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Electric brake allows the tool to be repositioned faster for maximum productivity
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B, features an integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B provides up to 65% more run time per charge*
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B reaches a full charge in 45 minutes or less
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time, so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- *compared to BL1830
Max. Capacity (concrete drilling) : 7/8"
Optimum Range (concrete drilling) : 5/32" - 1/2"
Impact Energy (ft.lbs.) : 1.5
Impact Energy (Joules) : 2 J
Blows Per Minute (variable speed) : 0 - 4,000 BPM
No Load Speed (variable speed) : 0 - 1,200 RPM
Vibration Control : No
Vibration (m/s²) : 12.5
Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Overall Length : 16-3/8"
Net Weight (with battery) : 7.7 lbs.
Bit Type : Accepts SDS-PLUS
Power Type : Cordless
Bind-Up Control : No
Shipping Weight : 16.2 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381-834254
Parts & Accessories
(1) 18V LXT® 7/8" Rotary Hammer (XRH04Z)
(2) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Battery (BL1850B)
(1) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Rapid Optimum Charger (DC18RC)
(1) Side Handle (158057-6)
(1) Depth Gauge (324219-0)
(1) Tool Bag (821016-X)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.