The XSL06Z has a unique 2-steel rail sliding system design that offers single slide-glide operation for smooth and dead-on accurate cutting right out of the box, as well as a reduced overall footprint that allows the saw to be positioned flush against a wall. The innovative direct-drive gearbox and guard system is engineered for increased vertical cutting capacity (5-1/4”) and crown molding cutting capacity (6-5/8” nested), the largest in its class. It will also crosscut a 4x12 at 90 degrees. The saw miters 0° to 60° left and right, with positive stops at 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 31.6°, 45° and 60° (left or right). The bevel lock is located in the front of the saw for easy access and quick adjustments from 0° to 48° (left and right).
The direct drive gearbox with soft start is a key point of difference. Direct drive enables smoother start-ups and consistent, constant power with no belts to slip or replace. The electric brake provides added convenience. Additional features include a high-quality 60T carbide-tipped blade, built-in laser that indicates the line-of-cut, and improved dust collection capability for use with a bag (included) or vacuum (sold separately). It also has a large-sized aluminum base that improves the stability of cutting stock for more efficient cutting
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
Full Product Description
- Powered by two LXT® batteries; X2 LXT® technology delivers more power, speed and run time without the hassles of a cord
- Makita built electronically controlled BL™ Motor delivers 4,400 RPM for faster and smoother cutting.
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjusts cutting speed and torque during cut for optimum performance
- X2 LXT® technology delivers up to 334 cuts per charge in 2x4 SPF and up to 192 cuts per charge in 2x12 SPF lumber using two 5.0Ah batteries (batteries not included)
- Unique 2-Steel Rail Sliding System design offers single slide-glide operation; reducing saw's footprint and allowing operation flush against a wall
- In-front bevel lock for convenient operation
- Dual dust collection ports provide excellent dust extraction performance
- Increased capacity for up to 6-5/8" crown molding (vertically nested), 5-1/4" baseboard (vertical), and 12" crosscuts at 90°
- Miters 0-60° left and right; bevels 0-48° left and right
- Positive miter stops at: 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 31.6°, 45°, and 60° left or right
- Integrated 4-3/4" tall fence system for increased rigidity and more precise miter and bevel cuts
- Built-in laser clearly indicates line-of-cut whether blade is turning or not; on-off switch and micro-adjustments for precise "left-of-blade" or "right-of-blade" cutting
- Linear ball bearing system engineered to deliver "dead-on" accurate cuts
- Large-sized aluminum base improves stability of material for efficient cutting
- High power provides efficient cutting in a variety of different materials including wood and aluminum extrusion (aluminum blade and cutting lubricant sold separately)
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Direct drive motor for increased cutting efficiency and reduced maintenance
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Easy one-touch slide lock for convenience
- Simple 90 degree turn-of-the-knob miter angle lock/unlock mechanism
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Metal extension wings for durability
- Ergonomic rubberized horizontal D-handle design for better fit and added comfort
- See-through blade guard system for greater visibility of blade and line of cut
- 3-stage L.E.D. gauges on the tool indicate battery charge levels
- Efficient BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger and Dual Port Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and chargers sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger and Dual Port Rapid Optimum Chargers have a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (batteries sold separately)
- Weighs 60.6 lbs. with batteries (batteries not included)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
Blade Diameter : 10"
Arbor : 5/8"
Max. Cutting Capacity Crown Molding (Nested) : 6-5/8"
Max. Cutting Capacity Base Molding (Vertical) : 5-1/4"
Max. Cutting Capacity (miter 90°) : 2-13/16" x 12"
Max. Cutting Capacity (miter 45°, L/R) : 2-13/16" x 8-1/2"
No Load Speed : 4,400 RPM
Battery : 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Dimensions (LxWxH) : 31-3/4" x 25-3/8" x 26"
Net Weight (with battery) : 60 lbs.
Power Type : Cordless
Shipping Weight : 71.045 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381-851299
Parts & Accessories
(1) Vertical Vise (122854-6)
(1) Dust Bag (122852-0)
(1) Triangular Rule (762001-3)
(1) Hex Wrench
(1) 10" x 5/8" 40T Micro-Polished Miter Saw Blade
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.