The Power Head is compatible with a variety of optional couple shaft attachments, with a lever style lock system for quick tool-less installation and replacement. It can be used with multiple attachments for trimming, edging, cultivating, and brush cutting (sold separately). Note that kit XUX01M5PT includes string trimmer attachment.
Makita’s efficient BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per battery charge than similar non-brushless tools. Electronic controls efficiently use battery energy to match the changing demands of the application for increased power and speed when needed. With no carbon brushes, the Makita BL™ Brushless motor runs cooler and more efficiently for longer life. For added protection, the Electronic Torque Control turns the motor off if the rotation speed suddenly slows down or stops, and the overheat warning system turns on an indicator light and is engineered to automatically stop the motor. Added features include a variable speed trigger, and reverse (clockwise) rotation system that allows the operator to quickly clear the brush cutter head of entangled weed and grass.
It features Makita Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™). XPT™ is a protective seal inside the tool, and is engineered for improved operation in harsh conditions by channeling water and dust from key internal components.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
Full Product Description
- BL™ Brushless motor delivers up to 7,100 RPM for faster cutting
- 3-speed options (Low: 4,200 RPM, Medium: 6,000 High: 7,100 RPM) for power management
- Variable speed trigger switch for controlled cutting speed
- Compatible with a variety of Makita couple shaft attachments for various applications
- Lever style lock system allows for quick tool-less installation and replacement of attachments
- Reverse (clockwise) rotation system allows operator to quickly clear brush cutter head of entangled grass and weeds
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh job site conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
Cutting Swath : 17"
No Load Speed (var. 3 spd.) : 0 - 7,100 / 0 - 6,000 / 0 - 4,200 RPM
Arbor Shaft : M10 x 1.25 LH
Overall Length : 69"
Net Weight (with battery) : 17.2 lbs.
Shaft Type : Multi-tool attachment
Battery : 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Power Type : Cordless
Shipping Weight : 31.11 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381-863346
Parts & Accessories
(1) 18V X2 (36V) LXT® Brushless Couple Shaft Power Head (XUX01Z)
(1) String Trimmer Couple Shaft Attachment (EM405MP)
(1) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Dual Port Charger (DC18RD)
(2) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Battery (BL1850B)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.