Makita, a pioneer in brushless motor technology and battery innovation, combines both in the 18V X2 (36V) LXT® Lithium-Ion Brushless Rear Handle 7-1/4” Circular Saw (XSR01Z, tool only, batteries and charger sold separately). It's powered by two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries for maximum performance, and has an electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless motor that matches torque and RPM to the application. Makita 18V X2 means freedom from the cord, even for demanding applications like cutting sheet and dimensional lumber that traditionally called for a corded saw. Best of all, users can remain in one battery platform, using the same fast-charging 18V batteries with the XSR01Z as they use across the expansive Makita 18V LXT® cordless tool series.
The XSR01Z has a long list of features for efficient cutting without the cord. Users of leading corded saws will appreciate the blade-left rear-handle design. The electronically-controlled brushless motor delivers a full 5,100 RPM for efficient cutting. In internal testing, the XSR01Z made up to 558 cross-cuts per charge in 2x4 SPF lumber using two fully-charged 5.0Ah batteries. Added features include a large 2-9/16” cutting capacity at 90 degrees that will cut 3X lumber in a single pass, and an electric brake for maximum productivity. The saw has a die-cast magnesium base and blade guard with die-cast aluminum blade cover and motor housing, which combines durability with less weight (only 12.4 lbs. with batteries, sold separately).
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
Full Product Description
- Powered by two LXT® batteries; X2 LXT® technology delivers more power, speed and run time without the hassles of a cord
- Makita built electronically controlled BL™ Motor delivers 5,100 RPM for maximum performance and 50% longer run time per charge
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjusts cutting speed and torque during cut for optimum performance
- X2 LXT® technology delivers up to 558 cross-cuts per charge in 2x4 SPF lumber and up to 291 cross-cuts per charge in 2x10 SPF lumber using two 5.0Ah batteries (batteries not included)
- Large 2-9/16” cutting capacity at 90°; cuts 3X material in a single pass
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- 0°- 53° bevel capacity with positive stops at 22.5°, 45°, and 53°
- Die-cast magnesium base and blade guard along with a die-cast aluminum blade cover and motor housing provide a lightweight, durable design
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 17-1/2" long
- Weighs only 12.4 lbs. with batteries (batteries not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Ideal for framers, formers, builders, roofers, and more
- Retractable, extra-wide tool hook secures the tool when not in use
- Built-in tether notch (tether sold separately)
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- 3-stage L.E.D. gauges indicate battery charge levels
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger and Dual Port Rapid Optimum Chargers communicate with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and chargers sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger and Dual Port Rapid Optimum Chargers have a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (batteries sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
Blade Diameter : 7-1/4"
Arbor : 5/8"
Max. Cutting Capacity (at 90°) : 2-9/16"
Max. Cutting Capacity (at 53°) : 1-1/2"
Max. Cutting Capacity (at 45°) : 1-3/4"
No Load Speed : 5,100 RPM
Battery : 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Overall Length : 17-1/2"
Net Weight (with battery) : 12.4 lbs.
Power Type : Cordless
Shipping Weight : 12.9 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381-834001
Parts & Accessories
(1) 7-1/4" 24T Ultra-Coated C.T. Saw Blade (A-94530-A)
(1) Hex Wrench (783204-6)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.