Landscapers are demanding more cordless alternatives to gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding collection of string trimmers, including the 18V X2 (36V) LXT® Brushless Cordless String Trimmer Kit (XRU18Z). With zero emissions, lower noise and considerably less maintenance than gas-powered string trimmers, the 18V X2 (36V) LXT® Cordless String Trimmer is a welcome solution for landscapers. The XRU18Z has the power equivalent to a 30cc gas string trimmer.
The efficient Makita® BL™ Brushless Motor delivers longer run time, more power and speed, and longer tool life. With a 17” cutting swath, the XRU18 provides increased productivity. The steel drive shaft provides less vibration and longer equipment life.
The String Trimmer features Makita® Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™). XPT is a protective seal inside the tool and is engineered for improved operation in harsh conditions by channeling water and dust from key internal components.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V LXT® System, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V lithium-ion slide-style batteries. Makita® 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita® 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
Full Product Description
- Power equivalent to a 30cc gas string trimmer
- No gas, emissions, oil mixing or pull starts
- Makita-built BL™ Brushless Motor provides high power and increased torque
- 17" cutting swath for increased productivity
- Variable speed trigger switch for controlled cutting speed
- Steel drive shaft for less vibration and longer equipment life
- 3 speed options (Low: 4,000 RPM, Medium: 4,600 RPM, High: 6,000 RPM) for power management
- Automatic Torque Drive Technology mode automatically shifts from 4,000-6,000 RPM for extended run time or added power
- Reverse rotation function allows operator to quickly clear trimmer head of entangled grass and weeds
- Adjustable loop handle for operator comfort
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh job site conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Includes bump and feed trimmer head loaded with 0.080" twisted quiet line
- Batteries and charger not included
- 3-year limited warranty
Cutting Swath : 17"
No Load Speed (var. 3 spd.) : 0 - 4,000 / 0 - 4,600 / 0 - 6,000 RPM
Arbor Shaft : M10 x 1.25 LH
Overall Length : 72-1/2"
Net Weight (without battery) : 10.8 lbs.
Net Weight (with battery) : 13.6 lbs.
Battery : 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Power Type : Cordless
Shipping Weight : 19.27 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381-890052
Parts & Accessories
(1) Bump & Feed Trimmer Head
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.