Landscapers are demanding more cordless alternatives to gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding collection of string trimmers, including the 36V Brushless String Trimmer (CRU03Z).
With zero emissions, lower noise and considerably less maintenance than gas-powered string trimmers, this string trimmer is a welcome solution for landscapers.
The efficient Makita® BL™ Brushless Motor delivers power equivalent to a 30cc gas string trimmer. longer run time, more power and speed, and longer tool life.
With a 17” cutting swath, the CRU03Z provides increased productivity. The steel drive shaft provides less vibration and longer equipment life.
The CRU03Z utilizes an external battery connection, moving batteries from the unit to a battery backpack (sold separately). A cable connects the unit to the battery backpack.
This shift in battery weight from the trimmer to the backpack provides improved balance and longer run time. Paired with the LXT and LXT X2 Portable Backpack Power Supply (PDC01, sold separately), a user will gain twice the run time for any LXT X2 Product.
It has three speed options (4,000/4,600/6,000 RPM). The Automatic Torque Drive Technology mode automatically shifts speeds to extend run time or add power.
The reverse rotation function allows the user to quickly clear trimmer head of entangled grass and weeds.
The String Trimmer features Makita® Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™). XPT is a protective seal inside the tool and is engineered for improved operation in harsh conditions by channeling water and dust from key internal components. It also is IPX4 weather-resistant construction for durability and long life.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating.
For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
Full Product Description
- Makita-built BL™ Brushless Motor delivers power equivalent to a 30cc gas string trimmer
- No gas, emissions, oil mixing or pull starts
- External battery connection shifts the battery weight off the trimmer for improved balance and reduced weight
- Cable connects to battery backpack for longer run time (battery backpack not included)
- Steel drive shaft reduces vibration
- Automatic Torque Drive Technology mode automatically shifts from 4,000-6,000 RPM for extended run time or added power
- Variable speed trigger switch for controlled cutting speed
- Reverse rotation function allows operator to quickly clear trimmer head of entangled grass and weeds
- 3 speed options (Low: 4,000 RPM, Medium: 4,600 RPM, High: 6,000 RPM) for power management
- IPX4 weather-resistant construction for durability and long life
- Includes bump and feed trimmer head loaded with 0.080" line
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- 3-year limited warranty
Cutting Swath : 17"
No Load Speed (var. 3 spd.) : 0 - 4,000 / 0 - 4,600 / 0 - 6,000 RPM
Arbor Shaft : M10 x 1.25 LH
Overall Length : 70-1/4"
Net Weight : 9.7 lbs.
Shipping Weight : 17.42 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381-893701
Parts & Accessories
(1) Bump & Feed Trimmer Head
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.