Makita’s 5” SJS™ Angle Grinder combines 10.5 AMP power with comfort and motor-protection features for longer-lasting industrial performance. The GA5020Y is engineered with Makita’s innovative SJS™ mechanical clutch system to protect the gears for longer tool life.
10.5 AMP Power with SJS™ to Protect Gears
The GA5020Y is powered by a 10.5 AMP motor that delivers 11,000 RPM, with electric brake for maximum productivity. Labyrinth construction protects the motor with a complex set of channels, prohibiting dust and contamination.
In addition, the protective zig-zag varnish seals the motor and bearings from dust and debris by creating a barrier under rotation. The GA5020 is engineered with SJS™ mechanical clutch system, an innovation from Makita that protects the gears by automatically disengaging the motor should the grinding wheel accidentally catch or bind.
The GA5020Y weighs only 5.9 lbs. and is built with comfort and ergonomic features for extended use, including an ergonomic rubberized rear handle with trigger switch. In addition, the side handle can be easily installed on either side of the tool.
It is a versatile and powerful grinder engineered for demanding applications including cutting, ferrous metal, paint and rust removal, shipyard maintenance, heavy machinery, metal polishing, general steel grinding, auto repair work, cutting brick and masonry, and restoration work. The grinder is built for welders, fabricators, plumbers, masons, electricians, automotive technicians, stone and tile workers, HVAC, and general contractors.
Full Product Description
- Powerful 10.5 AMP motor delivers 11,000 RPM to handle the most demanding applications
- SJS™ technology is a mechanical clutch system that helps prevent motor and gear damage by allowing the drive shaft to slip if the wheel is forced to stop
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased operator comfort
- Rear handle trigger switch with no lock-on feature
- Tool-less wheel guard for quick and easy adjustments
- Spiral bevel gears for smoother rotations and a more efficient transfer of energy
- Zig-zag varnish protects the armature coil from dust and debris for longer motor life
- Labyrinth construction prevents debris from penetrating the motor, bearings and gears for longer tool life
- Externally accessible brushes for greater serviceability
- AC/DC switch for use with alternative power source
Wheel Diameter : 5"
AMPS : 10.5
No Load Speed : 11,000 RPM
Spindle Type : 5/8" - 11 UNC
Lock-On Switch : No
Lock-Off Switch : Yes
Switch Type : Rear trigger switch
Electric Brake : Yes
Overall Length : 14"
Net Weight : 5.9 lbs.
Variable speed dial : No
Power Type : Corded
Bind-Up Control : Yes
Shipping Weight : 7.9 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381-084758
Parts & Accessories
(1) 5" x 1/4" x 7/8" INOX Grinding Wheel, 36 Grit (A-95962)
(1) 5" Tool-less Wheel Guard (135108-2)
(1) Lock Nut (193465-4)
(1) Lock Nut Wrench (782424-9)
(1) Inner Flange (224399-1)
(1) Side Handle (153504-2)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.