The Makita 5” SJS™II Angle Grinder with 5” Tuck Point Guard combines power, convenience, comfort and motor-protection features for longer-lasting industrial performance. The grinder with tuck point guard is an efficient solution for clean and accurate tuck pointing and cutting.
The grinder can also be used with the standard grinding guard (included) and is ideal for cutting, grinding ferrous metal, paint and rust removal, shipyard maintenance, metal polishing, general steel grinding, auto repair work, cutting brick and masonry, restoration work, and more.
The GA5040X1 is equipped with SJS™II, a mechanical gear drive system to help prevent motor and gear damage by dampening the force on the gear when the wheel is forced to stop. SJS™II is also features a leaf spring and cam gear drive mechanism that is engineered to reduce vibration for increased operator comfort during extended use.
The 10 AMP motor delivers 11,000 RPM for maximum productivity. Labyrinth construction protects the motor with a complex set of channels, prohibiting dust and contamination from entering the motor.
Additional protection features include a zig-zag epoxy applied to both sides of the armature coil, and a powder-coating to the field. This forms a barrier under rotation and is engineered to protect from dust and debris penetration for longer tool life.
Full Product Description
- Powerful 10.0 AMP motor delivers more output and 11,000 RPM
- SJS™II provides a leaf spring and cam gear drive mechanism that is engineered to reduce vibration for increased operator comfort during extended use
- Includes 5" dust extraction guard for clean and accurate tuck pointing or cutting applications
- Guard offers a durable, high quality metal construction
- Plunge feature allows for maximum material removal and up to 1" cutting depth when used with a 5" blade
- Guard provides easily adjustable depth stop and depth setting for added user convenience
- Guard features a clear viewing window for improved visibility
- Side handle can be installed in various locations on the guard for operator comfort
- Spiral bevel gears for smoother rotations and a more efficient transfer of energy
- Labyrinth construction seals and protects the motor and bearings from dust and debris for longer tool life
- Complete zig-zag epoxy is applied to both sides of the armature coil and a powder coating to the field for protection from debris and longer tool life
- Slide switch with lock-on for continuous use
Wheel Diameter : 5"
AMPS : 10
No Load Speed : 11,000 RPM
Max. Cutting Depth : 1"
Spindle Type : 5/8" - 11 UNC
Lock-On Switch : Yes
Lock-Off Switch : No
Switch Type : Body grip/slide
Overall Length : 11-7/8"
Net Weight : 5.4 lbs.
Accessories Included : Yes
Variable speed dial : No
Power Type : Corded
Bind-Up Control : No
Shipping Weight : 12 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381-698290
Parts & Accessories
(1) 5" Dust Extraction Tuck Point Guard (196845-3)
(1) Inner Flange (224399-1)
(1) Lock Nut Wrench (782412-6)
(1) 5" Dual Sandwich Diamond Tuck Point Blade (A-96017)
(1) 5" Tool-less Wheel Guard (123145-8)
(1) Side Handle (153489-2)
(1) Lock Nut (224568-4)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.