Makita’s 9-Inch Angle Grinder (model GA9031) combines 15 AMP power with ease-of-use and motor protection features for longer-lasting performance in industrial and commercial environments.
15 AMP Motor Delivers 6,600 RPM
The GA9031Y is powered by a 15 AMP motor that delivers 6,600 RPM for faster stock removal. The labyrinth construction minimizes dust and debris penetration into the motor and bearings for longer tool life.
In addition, the armature is sealed by a protective zig-zag varnish which prevents contamination by creating a barrier under rotation, and wire mesh intake covers are engineered to prevent metal shards from entering the motor. The armature is supported by dual ball bearings and reinforced with a nylon retainer for improved durability.
The GA9031Y weighs only 14 lbs. and is built with comfort and ergonomic features for extended use. The grinder features an ergonomic rubberized handle engineered for lower vibration and can be installed on either side of the tool.
The push-button rotatable rear handle has positive stops and can be positioned every 90 degrees for operator convenience. Additional convenience features include a “tool-less” wheel cover for easy guard adjustment, and externally accessible brushes for easy serviceability.
The GA9031Y is a versatile and powerful grinder engineered for demanding applications and is ideal for masons, welders, ship yard workers, automotive technicians, stone/tile work, HVAC, electricians, and general contractors for a range of industrial grinding applications.
Full Product Description
- Powerful 15.0 AMP motor delivers 6,600 RPM for faster material removal
- Spiral bevel gears for smoother rotations and a more efficient transfer of energy
- Labyrinth construction prevents debris from penetrating the motor, bearings and gears for longer tool life
- Zig-zag varnish protects the armature coil from dust and debris for longer motor life
- Wire mesh intake covers are engineered to prevent debris from entering motor especially when used in close proximity to other grinders
- Three position vibration absorbing side handle for increased comfort
- Rotatable back handle for increased comfort in various applications
- Large rubber tool rest to help protect tool and surfaces from damage
- AC/DC switch for use with alternative power source
- "Tool-less" wheel guard for more convenient adjustments
- Externally accessible brushes for easy serviceability
Wheel Diameter : 9"
AMPS : 15
No Load Speed : 6,600 RPM
Spindle Type : 5/8" - 11 UNC
Lock-On Switch : No
Lock-Off Switch : Yes
Switch Type : Rear trigger switch
Overall Length : 19-7/8"
Net Weight : 14 lbs.
Variable speed dial : No
Power Type : Corded
Bind-Up Control : No
Shipping Weight : 18 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381-604260
Parts & Accessories
(1) 9" Tool-less Wheel Guard (122768-9)
(1) Lock Nut (193465-4)
(1) Lock Nut Wrench (782412-6)
(1) Inner Flange (224317-9)
(1) Wire Mesh Intake Cover (194289-1)
(1) Side Handle (162264-5)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.